dedicated hall/club

General chatter about the club

Moderator: Officer

LordSoth79
Initiate

dedicated hall/club

Postby LordSoth79 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Hello guy&girls, What you people think of a dedicated hall/club for table top gaming ??. Maybe one that could hold plenty of tables for people to use. Post back and let me know.

Tom Kent
Overlord

Re: dedicated hall/club

Postby Tom Kent » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Well it's sort of the dream isn't it?

Although I don't think there's a realistic way to make it economically viable in the long term, short of a millionaire philanthropist.

To maintain it you need people to visit regularly, which means it has to be in an easily accessible location, which ups the price.

It also means you need to give people a reason to turn up regularly, which is lots of tables and terrain, which means you need a sizable venue, which ups the price.

Of course here we get in to a cycle of needing a more expensive property to entice more people, which mean more money if needed so you need to entice more people.

I think it could potentially work as a use of a spare room in a building which is the basis of a business (related to tabletop or otherwise!) but permanent use of such a room which is big enough and easily accessible enough is a bit like a golden unicorn!

Even if a millionaire swooped by, bought such a property and was like "have at", the cost council tax, insurance, heating, electric, maintenance (and maybe gas, phone & internets) may crippled you, as well as the constant need for key-holders (if you're not paying someone to be there all the time).

On top of that the CONSTANT need to advertise to gain new members to replace those who lose interest and stop coming, so that you can meet the bills long-term.

So, it's the dream. If you can make it a reality, I would certainly be interested in how ;)
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

LordSoth79
Initiate

Postby LordSoth79 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Hello Tom Kent thanks for the reply. Yes i have been busy looking into it all. Think it might work.

As for price i was thinking about £3.5/£4 par day with a choice of memberships for about £30/£35 for 30 days, The price is not set in stone it can easy change. would be space for say 40 tables and i would run monthly compos for games.

LordSoth79
Initiate

Postby LordSoth79 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:51 am

The Dream is getting a little closer :). Will be posting a pic of the kinda table that will be at the gaming hall soon.

The pic will be of a 4 x 4 foot table with everything layed out as it would be at the hall.

Return to “General”