Greetings from the Eye of Terror!

General chatter about the club

Moderator: Officer

Odsox
Initiate

Greetings from the Eye of Terror!

Postby Odsox » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Afternoon all!

I've just moved to London and after some searching found a lot of positive comments about the Bexley Reapers, so I'm hoping to pop down tomorrow (Monday 29th) for a pick up game! I can comfortably field 1500-2000 points of Warhammer 40K or 15pts of Warmachine, but I've been playing 40K since late 5th Edition and have only had three games of Warmachine.

I'm not by any means a WAAC player, but neither am I a seal pup. I get the most enjoyment out of building, converting and painting minis (thus Warmachine has been a little bit of a let down), but I do love the gaming side too. I've been to a couple of Warhammer World tournaments, and I usually manage to have a laugh when I play, but the winning has never really been a big thing for me.

Unless I manage to beat Imperial Fists or Ultramarines, those two particular foes always get the blood boiling.

As you've probably guessed, I mainly play Chaos Space Marines. I love the fluff, the minis (apart from the dreaded Hellturkey, of which I own precisely zero) and can't wait for a new Codex, hopefully with a formation that lets me field a ton of Chaos Dreadnoughts. I also own a Dark Eldar army focussing on speed and firepower, and I have a small Skaven army, but with the Age of Sigmar upon us they're in mothballs until the round base dilemma is cleared up.

As for Warmachine, I immediately found my favourite faction in Khador - hard-bitten patriots with big hats, the biggest war jacks, and a signature caster who is -gasp- female! Glorious stuff. I haven't really gotten into Warmachine properly yet, as the lack of conversion opportunities and the rote nature of army lists hasn't appealed to me quite as much.

Anyway, hopefully I will have my first visit to the Reapers tomorrow, so thanks for putting up with me!

Thanks for your time,

Od.
"War is our temple! Death is our prayer!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!"

~ Warcry of the Doomseekers warband.

Tom Kent
Overlord

Re: Greetings from the Eye of Terror!

Postby Tom Kent » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:38 am

Hello Od,

Well I'd first apologise for the amount of time it's taken me to see this post! The forum is usually reserved for archiving event information and the like.

I would point you to our Facebook page which is where the action is at, but reading your post I think you've already found us by this point!

If not, we've recently gained a member with very similar interests... so come on down!
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Return to “General”