Grand Victorian Steampunk Battles On Land, Sea & Air

Moderator: Officer

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:16 pm

Not very satisfied with the 2.0 bound edition. It's not a friendly weight for gaming use and the revisions have lost some nice unique rules, e.g. the Archimedes 'Scuttle' rule. Even with a whacking multi kilo book they haven't upgraded all the existing models, so I anticipate supplements. Still reading through, it may have something to recommend it eventually.

Tom Kent
Overlord

Re: 2.0

Postby Tom Kent » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:07 am

Yeah the whole 2.0 release has been a bit of a damp squib by all accounts. It needed to be lean, both rules & weight (& price!) wise as well has being an "all-in-one" book (given all the multiple factions, new and different types of unit) to really inject some vigor into the game again.

I think they've fallen over a bit on delivering. From the build up there was, then the silence, it smells a bit like running out of money.
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Re: 2.0

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:00 pm

It's a shame because production values remain high. Will try and get some games in post Apoc.

Return to “Dystopian Wars”