Reapers Fantasy Scythe League

Shadow Of The Horny Rat

Moderator: Officer

chocmushroom
Sergeant

Reapers Fantasy Scythe League

Postby chocmushroom » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:05 am

Greetings all, Please find attached the Reapers Fantasy League Rules and MA summary.......
O well, you can't attach word or excel here, so will try a different way (lets try copy & paste)

Reapers Fantasy Scythe league
After all the 40k recently with the great apocalypse game put on in October, I thought about doing a small league comp for Warhammer fantasy.

League
The league comp will be one army, playing six games in total, and you never get to play against the same player twice with each person playing each of the main rulebook games once . This will help keep all the games different, but I also know that if you are facing the Dwarf player in the ‘Battle for the pass’, then I’m sorry, but someone had to draw the short straw. Hopefully you will then face Orcs and Goblins messed up by a morning engagement, so hopefully overall things will be even and fun in the end.

Army Composition
Any person can make an army based on what they can take in their main rule book. We allow all named characters and all items. We are also making use of all Forgeworld products, so you can also take anything from Monstrous companion (covered later) or their other books and the website.

Timespan
I would like this to be a three month endeavour, meaning you will need to play two games per month.

Game Scoring
The winner of each game will be worked out as per the normal rulebook rules by value of units destroyed/left, with the following exceptions:
A fleeing unit below a quarter of it’s starting strength (if you would need 1,1 to rally), or within 6” of your board edge, is worth only half points.

The watchtower and Blood and glory scenarios will not be instant wins, so please add you points up as normal.
League Scoring
We are using a 20-0 scoring system, so if you loose the game by only 161 points then you will receive 9 points, your opponent 11.
20-0 Scoring system

Army Value difference
10, 10
151-300
11, 09
301-405
12, 08
451-600
13, 07
601-750
14, 06
751-900
15, 05
901-1050
16, 04
1051-1200
17, 03
1201-1350
18, 02
1351-1500
19, 01
1501+
20, 00

For the blood and glory game, the first player to break his opponent will receive 10 bonus points.
For the watchtower the player in the tower at the end of the game, will receive 10 bonus points.
This will leave you with a score of between 0 and 140
At the end of the comp there will also be bonus points awarded, these will be in painting and army design.
There will be independent adjudicators at the club who will rate the painting of your army, and award points
Painting

Category
description
Nothing painted *
Basic
Only a few models done
I'm trying
You have shown your army to a judge at the start and end of the comp, if there I good progression you will get the points **
Battle ready
All models done to a 5 foot looks good level
Great
All models done so that at 1 foot they look good
Best Painted
Who would be a judge? The people who take bribes 
+5

* come on guys, at least gain I'm trying

** This is so that people who don't have an army or a starting a new one don’t suffer because of this.

The Seventh Game
This is where your army will be up against the famous Generic army of niceness!!!!
This is basically to help evaluate your army strengths and give people an idea of how tough it is.
In this ’last game’ 20 points are up for play, and the play is how nice or themed your army is. Now you will start this ‘seventh’ game with a 20-0 win, but will loose points according to your army list
Double Monstrous Cavalry -5
Double Monster -5
Double Cannon -5
Colossal monster -5
Four + flying units -3
Have the Folding Fortress -3
Army specific best build* -3

So if you play a nice all goblin army, with only three war machines, five fanatics and a single spider, you will win the seventh game 20-0 so gain 20 points (I also don’t think you will be winning many games with this list either, but it would be fun).
You could also take a Warriors of Chaos army of two Chimera’s, two units of three Skull Crushers, a flying level four Daemon prince of Nurgle with Soul feeder and a Hero on a disk, you would loose this game 4-16 so gain only 4 points (but should have done well in all the other games).
*: For the army specific details, please see check the table below
Army
MC
Monster
Cannon
Army Specific
Beastmen
No
Yes
No
More than 4 chariots of each type, Heardstone with 4+ Shamen
Bretonnia
No
No
No
 ?
Chaos Dwarfs
No
Yes
Yes Dreadquake mortar also counts
Iron Daemon counts as both Monster and Cannon
Daemons of Chaos
Yes
Yes
Yes
8 or more Beast of Nurgle
Dark Elves
No
Yes
No
Witch elf unit of over 30 models, over one unit of Executioners
Dwarfs
No
No
Yes (Anvil counts as a cannon)
Five or more War machines (gyrocopter does not count)
Empire
Yes
No
Yes (Yes the Steam Tank counts as a cannon)
Five or more War machines (Steam tank does not count)
High Elves
No
Yes
No
Banner of World Dragon as a unit standard in unit of over 20 models
Lizardmen

Yes
No
Etherial Slann with Loremaster
Ogre Kingdoms
Yes
No
Yes (Ironblaster count)
More than two units of sabertooths, two + units of leadbelchers.
Orcs and Goblins
No
Yes
No
More than 9 fanatics/manglers, Savage Orc Big'uns with Lucky Shrunken head shamen.
Five or more war machines
Skaven
No
Yes
Yes (Screaming bell counts as cannon)
More than two rat dart units, two of the following Brass Orb, doom rocket or storm banner
Tomb Kings
Yes
Yes
No
Double Casket of souls, unit of over 40 with Khaleda
Vampire Counts
No
Yes
No
Two or more Ethereal units, three or more Scream units
Warriors of Chaos
Yes
Yes
Yes (Hellcannon counts)
Daemon Prince with three + of the following: Soul feeder, 2+ save, Fly, and level 3 or 4 and Mark of nurgle. More than 4 chariots of each type
Wood Elves
No
Yes
No
 Three + units of Glade riders/Scouts

Please work this out when creating the army, and will be used for the pool of first round matches. After this the pool of opponents will come from the results from the previous rounds.

Monstrous companion
You can use any number of Kingship units and one binding scroll unit from your rare points allocation. There is a spread sheet of these so please look at it, people can request details of any of these monsters and they will be posted onto the forum.
Fantasy: Daemons of Chaos, Tomb-Kings, Orc & Goblins, Skaven, Warriors of Chaos.
40k: Daemons of Chaos, Orks, Chaos Marine (not so small now, don't tell the wife that!)
Magic: Over 60 Decks, mostly fun

Chris_Keys
Squaddie

Re: Reapers Fantasy Scythe League

Postby Chris_Keys » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:19 pm

This looks great, I am so in! Will most probably be playing Matt Ward's new Dark Elves

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy”