Apocs 2014 questions

Moderator: Officer

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Apocs 2014 questions

Postby irdeaded » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Please post all questions and rules queries relevant to the apocalypse game or the build up campaign here, a separate topic will be created just for the answers
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

the_heritor
Squaddie

Re: Apocs 2014 questions

Postby the_heritor » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:48 am

Is it a big deal if my 3.5k list is slightly over points?

I don't plan on going over for the games themselves, I'm just currently faced with a choice between 19 points over or 14 points under and wanted to check before I tried to remedy it...
Glen

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:25 am

In the name of fun I hereby let you off.
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

The Evil Hobo
Neophyte

Postby The Evil Hobo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:32 pm

What have toy soldiers got to do with fun?

PeterN
Neophyte

Postby PeterN » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:57 pm

Fun?!

Toy soldiers are serious business!

PeterN

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:08 pm

I may have missed this in all the fun and games but just how are we assembling 'sides' for Apoc, and is no-one friends with Tyrannids again?

rohanmm
Initiate

Postby rohanmm » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:56 am

I have a couple of questions :

1. You mentioned it is only possible for units to deep strike near units having icons of the controlling player. Does this mean we cannot use units from the same side ? i.e. our allies ? this would then mean everyone would play basically where they have set up on the main table ? It would also limit how one could provide help and support to players on the same side if one table portion was in danger of being overrun?

2. For chaos, the only option is icons no troops ? What about HQ's or demon princes ?

3. I have one spartan assault tank but would like to bring 2. Can i proxy a land raider for the second one?

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:08 am

Of course there are formations which cause you to arrive by flank entry or other means than Flank attack. So if you really want to scatter all over, you probably can.

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:53 am

1. You mentioned it is only possible for units to deep strike near units having icons of the controlling player. Does this mean we cannot use units from the same side ? i.e. our allies ? this would then mean everyone would play basically where they have set up on the main table ? It would also limit how one could provide help and support to players on the same side if one table portion was in danger of being overrun?

2. For chaos, the only option is icons no troops ? What about HQ's or demon princes ?

3. I have one spartan assault tank but would like to bring 2. Can i proxy a land raider for the second one?

1 you can still outflank and infiltrate so your items that allow deep strike can be scattered out of your deployment area, and in deployment its down to the teams to decide how to split their deployment so you don't have to set up on one board section. by not allowing you to use allies actually balances it allot more than opening up as imperials have the largest pool of battle brothers, an example would be me taking my scout army it already has accesses to 10 teleport homers without spending half my points limit and then every player that was using anything imperial would be able to use them. where as on the flip side necrons could only work from their own

2 troops can take the icons in the chaos list so your troops can be units for the deep strikers to come in to

3 proxies are fine as long as its clear what they are (for an example by what you gave if you wernt using any normal land raiders or it looked suitably different to any others how ever tom or moobs would still have to give a final say)

I may have missed this in all the fun and games but just how are we assembling 'sides' for Apoc, and is no-one friends with Tyrannids again?

teams haven't been announced yet they are being worked on but as the teams make little difference to the picking of forces for the build up campaign they are being announced closer to the event to give more time for people to get their tickets and pick their factions
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:12 pm

OK Tom, but do we not need to know by at least 7/28 which side players are playing for when assets are being played for? It's all very Apoc in flavour at least!

Return to “General”