Apocs 2014 questions

Moderator: Officer

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Re: Apocs 2014 questions

Postby irdeaded » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Any changes a character would grant to list writing would be done at the initial 3500pt list so if a character dies he would still affect the slot a unit was bought for (for example if he makes an elites choice troops they would still be a troop choice), this also applies to non special characters that effect units (and if a units is bought in this role it stays in it for the whole campaign no switching units between FoC slots between games).

If a unique named character dies in the campaign they are out of action unitll apocs so yes if you were unlucky and were tabled in your next game that would leave you under pointed

this is going into the proper FAQ post as well
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Hmmmm. I think this could lead to some book keeping nightmares. May I make the suggestion that if you lose a unique named character you can replace that slot with another unamed chacter with equipment up to but not exceeding that character and if you can't make up the diff, tough luck, and tht is the one you get after the next game? Otherwise that could lead to some rather bitter moments I think. That is not very much out of kilter with the current replacement practice for unamed HQs as what is coming back each time is a carbon copy generic, not the same HQ each time.

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 am

I think we'd most likely allow a generic HQ equipped to a similar standard that comes in under the cost of the unique named character.

This shouldn't happen often, but if it does we'll look at it on a case by case basis.
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Anyhoo..... so that just happened......

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Ok, actually technically that doesn't happen until list B gets chewed up by something unpleasant.

Sheepman
Neophyte

Postby Sheepman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:54 am

In the apoc game, are you allowed to use psychic powers on superheavies / titans (either offensive powers or defensive buffs)?

Iain

Sheepman
Neophyte

Postby Sheepman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:37 pm

In addition to my question regarding psychic powers and super heavies above....

During the apocalypse weekend, will it be permissible to outflank on the main table?

Iain

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:44 pm

The main board does still allow out flanking, it can represent units dropped behind enemy lines or units from other parts of the assault pushing into your section

The psychic powers on super heavies question may not be awnsered till moobs and tom make final desicisons on how the phase will work in our game but will get it posted in as soon as there is a final awnser
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:12 pm

What happened to psychic powers never working on Superheavies?

Return to “General”