One List League

Details on upcoming events for Reapers Wargaming Club

Moderator: Officer

Tom Kent
Overlord

Re: One List League

Postby Tom Kent » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Tom Kent wrote:However while people will be encouraged to play everyone at the first mission, people can continue to play people at whatever mission they desire and these games will still count (this is particularly helpful for games played between friends outside of club).

Mass playing your friends at the weekend is fine and sensible and won't negatively affect the league at all.
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:06 pm

if we break it up into season with the results being close each season means got to play them all before the end of the season rather the end of the tournament though surely
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Chris Salmon
Officer

Postby Chris Salmon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Something to add to the league. Rob and I played an Emperor's will mission last saturday. The score was 3-1 to the Necrons scoring first blood, slay the warlord and linebreaker vs linebreaker.

chocmushroom
Sergeant

Postby chocmushroom » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Well, I think I agree with Tom, we should all try to play the missions in order. If you want to play all of them, fine, but if everyone can play mission one first (or 2nd if already played) that's the way to go.

Then you could also have a running total, but how do we get this, what are the points for a win or draw.
We could have 10 for a win, 5 for a draw and zero for loosers, and then maybe also add the game total in

We will then have six different mission tables and one league table.
Here is something I just threw together......
Ok, I can't seem to get it attached.... will have to think about it on my way home.
Fantasy: Daemons of Chaos, Tomb-Kings, Orc & Goblins, Skaven, Warriors of Chaos.
40k: Daemons of Chaos, Orks, Chaos Marine (not so small now, don't tell the wife that!)
Magic: Over 60 Decks, mostly fun

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:59 pm

the tournament pack moobs put on on the club page for everyone did explain the league into 6 mini leagues with the pts for win losses and draws and titles for the winners of each league
I personally don't like the idea of everyone playing mission 1 and then everyone playing mission 2 as i think it will also slow things down more this way as you end up with those who can make it every week left with just the same people to play who have other commitments, if we set it so everyone plays this 1 mission and once that's done we then play mission 2 and close off each season that way then if there are guys who can only make it say once a month for club nights that could drag the whole of just that season out to over a year, and if we arnt going to block it of to "seasons"like this whats wrong with rolling up the mission as long as you don't repeat them against a player it adds a bit more variety to the club night rather than knowing exactly what you are going to play
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Oshasmoobs
Officer

Postby Oshasmoobs » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 pm

irdeaded wrote:this does kind of fubar my plans just to mass play Mike and Dave in one weekend round my flat at 12 games to save having to organize times were free so we don't waste club nights

Still fell free to play them

chocmushroom
Sergeant

Postby chocmushroom » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:33 pm

I will be changing my whole army list.

The fact that my Daemon Prince has gone from a Heavy unit to a HQ means I will have no choice (just seen sneek preview of the army in Sat's WD)
Fantasy: Daemons of Chaos, Tomb-Kings, Orc & Goblins, Skaven, Warriors of Chaos.
40k: Daemons of Chaos, Orks, Chaos Marine (not so small now, don't tell the wife that!)

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:24 am

MC, that's fine, a brand new codex will surely result in a list change, no one will argue with that feel free to change when the new book comes out.

Tom I understand what you're saying, but this is not a rigid structure were proposing. It's simply a guideline so we can get meaningful results out the league sooner rather than later. If the only people available for a game at club are people who you've already played the first mission against, play the second mission.. That's fine and the result will still count.

It'll help to keep interest in the league alive in the long term. Also if someone only turns up for one game once a month he won't just slow the first season, it'll slow the whole league so that really makes no difference to the season format.

While you may know you'll likely be playing a certain mission, you could be playing anyone, your tactics in any one mission may well change depending on your opponent. So no game should be boring. In my mind playing the same mission each week against different people would help me to understand how my army can best approach that mission, giving me a learning experience.
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

chocmushroom
Sergeant

Postby chocmushroom » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 am

Tom Kent wrote:Tom I understand what you're saying, but this is not a rigid structure were proposing. It's simply a guideline so we can get meaningful results out the league sooner rather than later. If the only people available for a game at club are people who you've already played the first mission against, play the second mission.. That's fine and the result will still count.

It'll help to keep interest in the league alive in the long term. Also if someone only turns up for one game once a month he won't just slow the first season, it'll slow the whole league so that really makes no difference to the season format.

That's what we need, a league table where you can see how people are doing at the time, I can't seem to get a spreadsheet attached so have just copied (and it's missed a bit out). we should be able to see who was the best at mission one after only a few month, and even give people a guide to how tricky their next oppenent will be, and also it may show that some armies are just better at some missions.

Mission 1 Player and Score
Oppenent RH MC CS RE OK MT DE ER YH NJ
RH - 20
MC 13 -
CS 15 1 -
RE 2 6 -
OK 8 11 -
MT 14 13 -
DE 13 5 -
ER 15 0 -
YH 1 18 -
NJ 0 6 -
LI 1 4
AW 6 15
Total 88 99 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

10 points for a win + mission score
5 points for a draw + mission score
0 point for a loss + mission score

Full League
RH MC CS RE OK MT DE ER YH NJ
Mission 1 88 99
Mission 2 104 105
Mission 3 14 15
Mission 4 8 9
Mission 5 147 148
Mission 6 6 7
League Total 367 383 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15 am

Sam's keeping the results in a spreadsheet on Google Drive, which you can publish to the web and auto updates your published page when you change the data in the spreadsheet, I imagine it would look something along these lines:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html
Things I Play

Return to “Events”