One List League

Details on upcoming events for Reapers Wargaming Club

Moderator: Officer

Oshasmoobs
Officer

Re: One List League

Postby Oshasmoobs » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 am

irdeaded wrote:this does kind of fubar my plans just to mass play Mike and Dave in one weekend round my flat at 12 games to save having to organize times were free so we don't waste club nights

You can still do this as it will assist in the long run.

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Tom Kent wrote:Tom I understand what you're saying, but this is not a rigid structure were proposing. It's simply a guideline so we can get meaningful results out the league sooner rather than later. If the only people available for a game at club are people who you've already played the first mission against, play the second mission.. That's fine and the result will still count.

It'll help to keep interest in the league alive in the long term. Also if someone only turns up for one game once a month he won't just slow the first season, it'll slow the whole league so that really makes no difference to the season format.

if were saying the league is open to join until the end of season 1 it does make a difference as to how long it will take to finish 1 season as every time someone joins up season 1 extends, this is why i was suggesting a time limit for mission progression rather than seasons. i have no problem if we all just start playing through the same mission and then move on down the list i just don't think we should use a "season" as a guide line for progress and cut offs. if we say you need to of played X games by X date then it gives definite goal and a certain end date, even if that goal is just a marker for progression. if we just say season 1 will end once everyone has played each other once it could go on as people join in (know this isn't very likely but we don't know) its been my experience in the past from trying to run a school club and helping try to organize some of the vets nights stuff while i still did workshop in bromley that non timeline goals in these things tend to lead it all to stutter and die out as people lose enthusiasm when they don't know the event will end
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:19 pm

OK, so:

- No new players allowed to join after March
- Please try to play everyone at mission 1 first (where possible)
- Please play 20 league games by August
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Ogre-Dan
Officer

Postby Ogre-Dan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:26 pm

20 League games by August... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Shit.

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:51 pm

We could, if by popular demand, have a league day on a Saturday (potentially while Magic people play a small tournie)
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Dennaska
Sergeant

Postby Dennaska » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Tom Kent wrote:OK, so:

- No new players allowed to join after March
- Please try to play everyone at mission 1 first (where possible)
- Please play 20 league games by August

Ouch.... :shock:
-Olli-
"From Terra, for Terra, Honour, Valour, Allegiance, Excellence.
Today, tomorrow, forever.
Together we rise, together we prevail."

As well as that awesome quote, I also often ponder.....'WHY DO I ALWAYS LOOSE!!?'

Dennaska
Sergeant

Postby Dennaska » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Tom Kent wrote:Sam's keeping the results in a spreadsheet on Google Drive, which you can publish to the web and auto updates your published page when you change the data in the spreadsheet, I imagine it would look something along these lines:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

Who's who on this table? :|
-Olli-
"From Terra, for Terra, Honour, Valour, Allegiance, Excellence.
Today, tomorrow, forever.
Together we rise, together we prevail."

As well as that awesome quote, I also often ponder.....'WHY DO I ALWAYS LOOSE!!?'

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:49 am

That's not a real list. Just an example of how we might format the league results.
Things I Play

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:17 pm

I think 20 games by August is quite steep! I feel good if I can can get 3 a month in....

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Yes, it is steep but not impossible. Especially as we might have a club saturday event or if people play round their friends houses. It's a goal aspire to, no one will get banned from the league if they dont make it to 20 games.
Things I Play

Return to “Events”