Club House Rules

Preferred Enemy (Wallet)

Moderator: Officer

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Re: Club House Rules

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 am

This is the wrong way to publish a FAQ.... Ok for idea collection and debate, but you need a defined copy elsewhere. And basically it should be light touch. Units seeking to make themselves more indomitable seems a bit much, rules that supply efficient play and general fairness should be ok. If it is aleady FAQ'd on GW , I don't see point in reFAQing , we should FAQ things that have not been FAQ'd already.

Robstrosity
El Presidente

Postby Robstrosity » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:21 am

Sog Yogurt wrote:This is the wrong way to publish a FAQ.... Ok for idea collection and debate, but you need a defined copy elsewhere. And basically it should be light touch. Units seeking to make themselves more indomitable seems a bit much, rules that supply efficient play and general fairness should be ok. If it is aleady FAQ'd on GW , I don't see point in reFAQing , we should FAQ things that have not been FAQ'd already.

I'm sure our actual house rules will end up on a google-doc sometime, but this will be the place to suggest and debate.

Generally I'd suggest we should use GW FAQs, but sometimes they are a bit daft.
40k: IG Eldar SM Orks SW
WHFB: WE HE VC
MTG
Dystopian Wars: Russians
Necromunda:The Punishers (Orlock)
Cutlass!: Dwarves
Wings of War
Dreadball: Void Vixens
Deadzone: Rebels
DUST: SSR
Star Wars Armada
Paintball: D.O.A (UK Southern Paintball League)

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:17 am

Sog Yogurt wrote:This is the wrong way to publish a FAQ....

In your grumpy opinion
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm not that grumpy, I am only the default for grumpy as Paul is no longer here, and even he wasn't grumpy all the time. I have occasionally been known to be quite jolly.

Oshasmoobs
Officer

Postby Oshasmoobs » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Sog Yogurt wrote:I'm not that grumpy, I am only the default for grumpy as Paul is no longer here, and even he wasn't grumpy all the time. I have occasionally been known to be quite jolly.

When was this magical minute of jolliness?

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Tau Marker Lights remove vehicle cover saves as if they were infantry.
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

the_heritor
Squaddie

Postby the_heritor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Tom Kent wrote:Tau Marker Lights remove vehicle cover saves as if they were infantry.

That sounds perfectly reasonable.
Glen

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:47 am

there is nothing reasonable about tau marker lights, i know myself and some others have always thought that although its right you don't get Armour saves from them you should get cover saves, just dosent make sense that someones laser pen hits the tree im hiding behind so now apprently the entire tau army can see exactly where i am
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:34 am

I agree the marker light rule about removing cover saves in not always a fluffy one (it does make sense in case of smoke grenades though... which only vehicles have... herp)
Things I Play

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:42 pm

oh i have no problem with it removing the cover saves once its all hit and agree that if it does it to units it should do it to vehicles its more that apparently ducking behind a tree doesn't stop the laser pen from hitting me in the first place, if your behind a defense line and go to ground you have a 2+ cover save, but a marker light will still hit you on its BS, the way the system works doesn't take into account how little of you there is for the enemy to target in the first place, that's where i have my personal gripe with with them, but im finding im having more and more gripes again with 40k now that 6th ed codexes are coming out properly
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Return to “General”