One List League

Details on upcoming events for Reapers Wargaming Club

Moderator: Officer

BigMan
Neophyte

Re: One List League

Postby BigMan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:33 pm

Having now seen it the Tau book makes me cry. In particular Supporting Fire makes me die a little inside.
Dave W

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:35 pm

One List league: The Story So Far

There's been a lot of talk recently about the current state and future operation of the One List League. Published herein is the official announcement of the aforementioned situation. (Apologies for the language I've been reading Microsoft specifications all day long).

Each Season of the league will be treated much more like it's own league. Prizes will be given out at the end of each Season for various achievements that Season.

At the beginning of each Season, individual scores will essentially be reset. Failures and embarassments of previous matches shall not mire your oppotunities for this season! Everything to play for.

The one list league was however designed to tally the strength/weakness of different armies, therefore we will be keeping a record of matches and win ratios for each codex.

Each Season will still focus on one mission from the BRB.

Substitutions: You will be allowed to make one 500 point change to your list per Season, all changes must be documented and approved by Sam Wharton (Officer). You may also make 1 codex change in the entire league if you wish, but will have to play with that codex for the remainder of the League. Please note that a codex change also counts as that Season's 500 point substitution.

We will wrap up "Season 1: Crusade" on Monday 1st july (right after the One List League outing to Tabletop Nation on Saturday 29th June) with awards and prizes. All games you have played will count to your final score for this season.

We encourage as many of you as possible to head on up with us to Tabletop Nation. It's a 40 minute drive from Bexley and well worth a visit. A few club members who are not interested in playing in the league are also attending already, so it's likely to be a fun day for all.

"Season 2: Purge" will begin the following Monday 8th July and due to Apocalypse, Apoc run-up games, and the fact that the hall closes for 2 weeks in August, Season 2 will likely run up until around December.
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Dennaska
Sergeant

Postby Dennaska » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Sorry, when you say a codex change, do you mean a updated version of the same named codex used in the previous sub league or a complete codex change as a different army?
-Olli-
"From Terra, for Terra, Honour, Valour, Allegiance, Excellence.
Today, tomorrow, forever.
Together we rise, together we prevail."

As well as that awesome quote, I also often ponder.....'WHY DO I ALWAYS LOOSE!!?'

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:33 pm

A complete codex change is allowed. As in going from Codex Grey Knights to Codex Tau. We derived this as fair because we're counting the effectiveness of codices, and you can only change once in the whole league, which looks likely to last almost 3 years at this rate!
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:02 am

Tom Kent wrote:A complete codex change is allowed. As in going from Codex Grey Knights to Codex Tau. We derived this as fair because we're counting the effectiveness of codices, and you can only change once in the whole league, which looks likely to last almost 3 years at this rate!

Others will have the sheer determination to just play one damned army, regardless. :ugeek:

Oshasmoobs
Officer

Postby Oshasmoobs » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:01 am

Sog Yogurt wrote:
Others will have the sheer determination to just play one damned army, regardless. :ugeek:

I agree, I for one will never change my core codex, For the Greater Good!

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:15 pm

guessing you wont allow the blag that if im playing traitor loyalist marines i can use chaos or marine codex ;)
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

chocmushroom
Sergeant

Postby chocmushroom » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm still going to play Daemons, and I must appologise for my list, me may go very silly with two greater daemons :roll:
Fantasy: Daemons of Chaos, Tomb-Kings, Orc & Goblins, Skaven, Warriors of Chaos.
40k: Daemons of Chaos, Orks, Chaos Marine (not so small now, don't tell the wife that!)
Magic: Over 60 Decks, mostly fun

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:44 pm

So - do the updates to ELDAR count as a Codex change or if I apply them, a points change? If I define the changes as subtract everything from the new modified cost and apply new changes I want to make, these are slightly more than 500 pts....

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Meh... found a way that it works either way....

Return to “Events”