scout company

Need advice/tips on getting the most out of your list, post here!

Moderator: Officer

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

scout company

Postby irdeaded » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Okay chances of this getting built up properly before there is a new marine codex are slim (what with me still have to make a load of stuff for apocs still) but the idea of doing a force entirely round a scout company has been with me since early 5th ed. this is what i have roughly worked out so far and thought may as well start working on it as new marine codex cant get rid of scouts so will still have some viability even if i only have a few units bought:

HQ:
captain, (as he comes for now) 100pts

troops:
10 scouts, 8 snipers, 1 heavy bolter, camo cloaks, telion 227pts

10 scouts, 9 snipers, 1 heavy bolter, camo cloaks 180pts

10 scouts 4 snipers, 1 missile, 4 bolt pistol and combat weapon, sargent with power weapon and melta bomb 200pts

10 scouts 4 snipers, 1 missile, 4 bolt pistol and combat weapon, sargent with power weapon and melta bomb 200pts

fast attack:
landspeeder storm, multi-melta 65pts

heavy support:
storm rave gunship, twin linked assault cannons, twin linked heavy bolters 200pts

ageis defence line 50pts
current total 1552pts

want to get this up to 1750 but not set on how yet, dont want to put stuff in just for the sake of putting it in, im much more worried about keeping it as a scout army than having heavier units in there that wouldn't be a recon unit, because of the land speeder storms i cant add any other fast attack units in. the storm raven is only in the list right now as felt the only other things that would truly make sense adding in would be flyers or drop pods and was toying with making up the rest of the points on items for the captain (who is currently weaponless as i dont have a role for him) and possibly sternguard vetrens or a command squad.
any thoughts
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

XionXxen
Squaddie

Re: scout company

Postby XionXxen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:46 pm

We can only hope the new dex allows some kind of Scout Captain making Scout Bikers troops. Maybe if they allow a LS Storm to be taken as a dedicated transport might help. Could add a Quad-gun for another 50pts.
----------------
XionXxen aka Scott
Space Marine - 12.5k
Dark Angel - 2.5k
Malifaux - Viktorias & Von Schill
Dreadball - Greenmoon Smackers

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 am

Depends how tied you are to the third Landspeeder Storm. Dropping one and adding 3 Landspeeder Typhoons would add a nice bit of extra punch.
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:19 am

Or for fun you could always have a big squad of Legion of the Damned turn up
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

the_heritor
Squaddie

Postby the_heritor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Maybe spend the last points on a Command Squad and Razorback?
Glen

Return to “List Building”