Hello

General chatter about the club

Moderator: Officer

rohanmm
Initiate

Hello

Postby rohanmm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:44 am

Hi All,

I am in the process of moving to Bexley and also am really new to the hobby and was looking to join a club . I very recently got into 40k through a friend(who has moved back to the states) and have just started getting my first army together (Chaos Space Marines).

Apologies if the questions seem really ignorant as I have never really played with anyone else or in a club ...
I just wanted to know how I could join ? Do I just show up ? Do I have build an army to a specific size ? Are there any rules I should be aware of ? Does one require a certain level of proficiency as I am quite new to the game and the rules ?

I hopefully should be moved in towards the end of this month and hoping to start attending then. Any helpful advice or tips would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Rohan

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Re: Hello

Postby irdeaded » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:50 pm

hello there and welcome

rohanmm wrote:I just wanted to know how I could join ? Do I just show up ?

got it in one, although it can be worth sending a message on the group's Facebook page before hand to arrange games its not really an issue with 40k (rob will set up an event page for each club night a few days before) first night is free anyway and if for any reason you don't game on a night it is also free (some people come along just to paint or things like that some nights), and from then on there is either a card that can be bought in advance to cover 4 game nights (there is no time limit on how long it takes you to play those games ive had one now for almost 2 months without playing a single game) or if you want to it can be paid by a night by night basis (cards do give a discount)

rohanmm wrote: Do I have build an army to a specific size ?

the general game size we play is 1750pts as its the best size to make sure we can get a nice relaxed game in and still have time to get cleared up before we have to be out the hall, you can play more or less but its sometimes better to arrange those before the night in case people have only brought a certain amount with them
rohanmm wrote: Are there any rules I should be aware of ?

only that its an over 18's club and we have to be finished by 11 for the hall rental, food and drink are allowed in the hall, everyone is very relaxed about painting and modeling (there are many scratch built and non GW models at the club) as long as its fairly easy to work out what everything is
rohanmm wrote: Does one require a certain level of proficiency as I am quite new to the game and the rules ?

i wouldn't worry about proficiency with the rules, people at the club will be willing to help you learn and teach and everyone has to check rules books every now and then no matter how long you have played for
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

rohanmm
Initiate

Re: Hello

Postby rohanmm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks irdeaded for all the help and info. I will make my way down to the club as soon as I get all moved in which should be in the upcoming week. Looking forward to it.

Rohan

Return to “General”