Hey - Newbie here

General chatter about the club

Moderator: Officer

ultra
Initiate

Hey - Newbie here

Postby ultra » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:08 pm

Hey all i sent this message to a couple of you on facebook before finally finding the website:

Im a newish warhammer wannabe and after 15 years reading black library books im going to start collecting a black templar army very soon.

I was wondering if you could give me more info on the bexley club, is the members there honestly friendly and welcoming to a new player, could i pop along and just watch a few games at some time, since ive never been able to play a game and figuring out the rules without help terrified me as a kid! Do you guys happen to have tables where people can just model and paint?

I live in charlton so i think your the closest guys to me that plays warhammer, and im no fan of going to the bexley GW shop to get brainwashed into buying more mini's

and on a obsure side note, sam... did you used to live above me in charlton derrick gardens? (you will know who i am if its you...)

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Re: Hey - Newbie here

Postby irdeaded » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:04 pm

hey dude

yeah were always open and welcome for new players to come along, if you don't play its free so there's no issues with people coming along just to watch games and people would always be happy to give you intro games into the hobby to whatever lvl you already have. we have a mixture of players that should be able to cover what ever lvl of game you would look for

we dont have a table set aside for painting and modelling but we can always grab an extra one out each night if people want to, and a few of us have been known on occasion to just sit and paint/build on a night again those nights are free
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Chris_Keys
Squaddie

Postby Chris_Keys » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:05 am

Hey, bit late but just thought I would chip in. A couple of years back I was in a similar position where I was a bit hesitant to join a club as wasn't really sure what the people would be like and I had been out of the hobby for a while. I found a local club (not this one, although everyone here is great) and just went along a did some painting with some of the other people there, it was a great way to ease me in. So if you ever want to come down to the Reapers just for a bit of painting and friendly chat I'd be happy to join you. I'm usually free except for the 3rd Monday in every month or unless I have planned something in advance but just message me here or on facebook.

ultra
Initiate

Postby ultra » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:39 am

Sure thing! im not sure whether you guys will be taking a xmas break, but im planning on popping down on a monday in jan after the whole xmas rush is over not to mention im in middle of doing house up!

I am indeed hesitant as ive never played a real warhammer game before and have mostly been boring my wife over the past year or so as the hobby has re captured my attention. Im sneakily suspecting my wife is guna get me some models/paint for xmas and my dad has hinted he wants to take me to a GW shop/hobby shop on my birthday in jan to get some stuff. So yeah its not just that but i dont drive as well and i have to get bus/train up there so theres the motivation mountain to climb to just get on the train and go.

Chris_Keys
Squaddie

Postby Chris_Keys » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:12 pm

I don't drive either, I'm not too far from the club though so usually I cycle but if I have a lot to carry then I get the Train.

Not sure when the club is on in January atm (I think the hall is closed over chrsitmas and the new year) but I won't be down on the 19th anyways as that's the third one of the month. I don't really play 40k but there a lots of friendly people who would be happy to get you started and like I said my painting offer is always open. Generally it's better to use facebook as not many people check the forums and most of the activity is there.

Richybuk
Initiate

Postby Richybuk » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi newbie here , is it possible to just turn up at the club?

Never played before though

And I'm 49!!!

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:19 pm

hi there

yeah its perfectly fine to come down to club, we work on the basis that you only pay for a night where you actually play a game, and the first night you play is also free

what is that you actually play/are interested in, we have a variety of games that people play at club and people would be more than happy to give you introduction style games
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Return to “General”