One List League

Details on upcoming events for Reapers Wargaming Club

Moderator: Officer

Tom Kent
Overlord

One List League

Postby Tom Kent » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Result Tables:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Apf53aGZLPRHdDhSVUpHU0NQZFFfLWxZNmZOaVNaMVE&gid=12

Premise:
Everyone in the league has one list which does not change.
Everyone plays each other competitor in the league once at EACH mission from the Rulebook.
Therefore if 10 people take part in the league each player would play 54 games... 9(opponents) X 6(missions)

Start Date:
11/02/2013 << The league has begun!

When games are played:
Any time, inside or outside club (as long as both players agree on the result)

Cut-off for joining the league:
Never. You can join at any time as this is a very long running league. You just might need to play a lot of games to catch up.

List Changes:
You may make a change to your list at any time during the league, but ONLY ONCE and you may only change a maximum of 500 points

Who to report results to:
Sam Wharton (oShasMoobs) if you please.

UPDATE 13/06/13
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4&p=1181#p1181
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Re: One List League

Postby Sog Yogurt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 pm

I still think there should be a cut off, it's insane!

chocmushroom
Sergeant

Postby chocmushroom » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 pm

I think we should maybe have a half way point, get each people to play three times, then see the status of the league.
Fantasy: Daemons of Chaos, Tomb-Kings, Orc & Goblins, Skaven, Warriors of Chaos.
40k: Daemons of Chaos, Orks, Chaos Marine (very small)
Magic: Over 60 Decks, mostly fun

Sog Yogurt
Veteran Sergeant

Postby Sog Yogurt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 am

Blimey MC, that was the sanest thing I have ever heard you say.

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:42 am

Is everyone playing the first mission in the rule book first?

I thought this was the idea but not sure if it was mentioned. If we are doing it like this then we could break the tournament down into 6 "seasons". With published results at the end of each season. Also no one could join the league after the completion of the first season.
Things I Play
Bolt Action, DUST, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Malifaux, Dreadball, Cutlass!, Pirates(Of The Spanish Main), Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Magic: TG & board games galore

Dennaska
Sergeant

Postby Dennaska » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:04 am

Too late for that sadly :? I've played a Purge the alien & BGNT game.
-Olli-
"From Terra, for Terra, Honour, Valour, Allegiance, Excellence.
Today, tomorrow, forever.
Together we rise, together we prevail."

As well as that awesome quote, I also often ponder.....'WHY DO I ALWAYS LOOSE!!?'

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:19 am

all the games at club we have just rolled up what mission it was.
with the way this is working and set up with lax gaming nights setting a goal of 3 games against each player isnt really viable as a cut off/review point as it then comes down to how regular players turn up especialy as we all jsut started playing any of the 6 missons, i personally think the best goal is that it has a certain number of weeks before it gets reviewed for progress with a goal for how many games total we should of aimed to of played that way those who may not be able to make club regularly can still met the minimum with games they can play outside in the real world, with 16 players 3 games each is 42 games (i think) so still think that a limit 52 weeks to register 42 results isnt a big push (technicaly 2 weeks on so 50 now) that should help cover hall closures and ability to play magic draft nights/munda/apocalypse build up/non league and things
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Oshasmoobs
Officer

Postby Oshasmoobs » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:58 pm

So far the majority of the games have been BGNT, so if people wish to focus on that mission first it would make sense to me.

Tom Kent
Overlord

Postby Tom Kent » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:10 pm

I think we should stick to playing the first mission (Crusade) from now on. All games played so far (regardless of mission) are recorded and will still count.

We're only a couple of weeks in and I strongly feel the cohesion of playing each mission type as a "season" will benefit a campaign of this length. The campaign will have a strong sense of structure and will be easier for people to look at the results table(s) and get a view of how things are progressing.

However while people will be encouraged to play everyone at the first mission, people can continue to play people at whatever mission they desire and these games will still count (this is particularly helpful for games played between friends outside of club).
Things I Play

irdeaded
Veteran Sergeant

Postby irdeaded » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 pm

this does kind of fubar my plans just to mass play Mike and Dave in one weekend round my flat at 12 games to save having to organize times were free so we don't waste club nights
40k: guard/marines/chaos/tau
Deadzone: enforcers and rebs
Fantasy: skaven
Dystopian wars: antartica
Malifaux: reserectionist
Dredball: terratons
Dust: SSU

Return to “Events”